Cutting Edge, Cleveland-based Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filters from Your Local Water Expert
Fresh, filtered water at the touch of a button – it’s that easy with Culligan’s new Reverse Osmosis systems.
Worried about what’s in your water? Cleveland tap water, most often direct from Lake Erie, is not always as fresh as you’d expect. The Cleveland area experiences a range of water issues that can impact the taste, efficiency, and safety of your water.
Cleveland Drinking Water Issues
Since Cleveland drinking water generally comes from the lake, tap water quality and taste can vary seasonally. Local municipalities work to keep up with, and react to, changing surface water conditions which can leave tap water lacking in the freshness department.
Reverse Osmosis to the Rescue
Reverse Osmosis water systems are one of the most trusted methods available to improve water taste and quality. RO systems like the Culligan Aqua-Cleer® use advanced, wireless technology to provide the most dependable water, right from your existing tap.
Learn more about the home benefits of a Culligan® Culligan® Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter!
Lead rarely occurs naturally in water; it usually gets into the water from the delivery system. Lead pipes are the main contributor to high lead levels in tap water. Other sources include parts of the water delivery system such as lead solder used to join copper pipes, brass in faucets, coolers, and valves. Let your Culligan Man recommend a water solution to solve your lead problem.
Chromium 6 (or hexavalent chromium) has recently been discovered in limited amounts in some water supplies. Chromium six is suspected of being a carcinogen, and should not be ingested at amounts above the federally mandated limits. We have never been alarmists, but if you are concerned about the quality of the water you drink, you might want to consider a reverse osmosis system. Reverse Osmosis is the only readily available system that reduces chromium 6.
Chlorine is one of the most commonly used water disinfectants use by water companies. However, it can leave an unpleasant taste in your water when it reaches your home. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water solution is right for your home!
Water that tastes salty could be caused by sulfate concentration levels and geographic tendencies. Luckily, Culligan can remove the salty taste from your water. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water solution is right for your home!
Bitter tasting water is often caused when the pH of your water is out-of-sync. Culligan has the equipment to fix the bitterness in your water. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water solution is right for your home!
Arsenic can occur natural or is a byproduct of agricultural industry. In some cases, high arsenic levels can have negative effects on your health. Let your Culligan Man recommend a water solution to correct your arsenic problem.
Benefits of Choosing Culligan® Reverse Osmosis System
Benefits of using a reverse osmosis system include:
- Removes bad taste and odor from municipal tap or well water.
- Reduces acidic impurities and balances pH levels.
- Provides advanced filtration for water problems such as lead, chlorine, radium, hexavalent chromium (chromium-6) and arsenic*.
- Fluoride and iron removal.
- Saves money, environmental waste and frees up refrigerator space compared to buying single-serve bottles from the store.
- Improves the taste of coffee, tea, powdered drinks, soups, recipes and baby formula.
- Meets strict standards of NSF International and WQA.
- Culligan water systems are third-party certified to perform as promised and are backed by one of the most comprehensive warranties in the industry.
- Thirteen advanced filter options provide advanced filtration for water problems such as lead, radium, chlorine, and arsenic.
- Maintenance-free design provided by your Culligan Service Technician who handles everything, including installation, filter change, and filter disposal.
- Designer faucets available in a variety of styles, colors, and finishes to match every kitchen.
- Large-capacity, high-quality reservoir tanks ensure you always have plenty of Culligan drinking water available.
- Space-saving, streamlined design so the Aqua-Cleer®System can be conveniently installed in a variety of locations.
- Quality monitoring with an exclusive electronic monitor that ensures your system is working properly.
I have heard a lot about Chromium 6 in drinking water in the news. What is Chromium 6 and can Culligan equipment filter out Chromium 6?
Yes, chromium six (or hexavalent chromium) has recently been discovered in limited amounts in some water supplies. Chromium six is suspected of being a carcinogen, and should not be ingested at amounts above the federally mandated limits. We have never been alarmists, but if you are concerned about the quality of the water you drink, you might want to consider a reverse osmosis system. Reverse Osmosis is the only readily available system that removes up to 97% of chromium six.
What is Reverse Osmosis (R.O.)?
Reverse osmosis is a sophisticated multi-stage filtration system that is capable of removing up to 97% of all the dissolved minerals from your water. It is designed to make water that is at least as good as the water you buy in bottles. Many times, it’s even better. This reduces waste in landfills by using less bottled water, making reverse osmosis environmentally friendly.
Is Reverse Osmosis water really as good as bottled?
Yes - The system uses multiple processes including Reverse Osmosis to make great tasting, low sodium drinking water. Reverse Osmosis removes about 97% of the TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) including salt and sodium from the water. Read the labels on bottled water and you will discover Reverse Osmosis is the same process used by most bottlers ... so in effect ... you really are getting ... "bottled water ... without the bottle". And, yes, it's true: It's like having a bottled water company under your sink!!!
I already have a filter in my refrigerator? Why do I need anything else?
Refrigerator filters are typically just carbon, and while carbon filtered water is better than no treatment at all, it is limited in what it can remove and is limited to only improving taste. Only reverse osmosis is capable of removing dissolved minerals and harmful chemicals from your water.